Joining me this week is Roderick Jefferson.
Roderick is a keynote speaker, author, and inventor of the name “Sales Enablement.” It was something I didn’t know going into the conversation, and it really speaks to the experience that he has had in this industry since it began, essentially giving it its name.
He has a book out right now called Sales Enablement 3.0, and we explore the key points in the book as well as my curiosity regarding his background.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to get buyers to mitigate the risk in buying from you and how to scale that in your organization.
- Top-down and bottom-up enablement and how to go about them.
- Enablement as a recruitment and retention tool, and why that’s so important.
- Why doing assessments is the absolute first thing you should do when starting an enablement function.
- What impact maturation cycles of companies have on enablement initiatives.
- How to capture tribal knowledge.
I found it an honor and a privilege to host a podcast with and really pick the brain of someone who’s “been there and done that” in the trenches for so long. I know you’re going to enjoy this one too.
Please sit back, relax, and enjoy my conversation with Roderick Jefferson.
- Roderick’s early beginnings and how he has grown “Sales Enablement” as a function. (00:02:51-00:05:31)
- Why Sales Enablement 3.0? (00:05:32-00:07:08)
- How to convince buyers of the low risk of doing business with you and how to scale this in your organization. (00:07:09-00:11:14)
- What is learning culture? (00:11:15-00:12:34)
- What role does culture play in successfully enabling a sales team? (00:12:35-00:14:19)
- Enablement as a recruitment and retention tool. (00:14:20-00:15:20)
- Why assessments are incredibly important in establishing an enablement function. (00:15:21-00:20:30)
- Creating an enablement team from the ground up. (00:21:11-00:28:31)
- Measuring outcomes and validating your metrics. (00:28:32-00:31:55)
- Capturing tribal knowledge. (00:31:56-00:33:32)
- The challenges of sales enablement. (00:33:33-00:35:11)
- What does the future look like for Roderick in the sales enablement sphere? (00:35:12-00:39:53)
- Where you can connect with Roderick on social media. (00:39:54-00:40:50)
Selected Links from the Episode
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~