Joining me this week is Sam Lau.
Sam is the Head of Sales Enablement at Forethought. He was a former bag carrier and is now an enabler of sales reps and sales organizations, and he’s fast becoming an expert at peer-to-peer learning.
He speaks at many of the leading industry conferences and has tons of interesting lived experience and earned wisdom around the topic of peer-to-peer learning.
As many of you who are regular listeners will know, that’s one of my favorite topics and something that we take a lot of pride in at Curious Lion.
So this was pure fun.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How peer-to-peer learning is all about relatability, and how relatability translates to credibility.
- Why adoption can be difficult for peer-to-peer learning and what to do about it.
- Where in the sales process peer-to-peer learning works best.
- Detailed steps on how to set up peer-to-peer learning in your organization.
This was a very tactical episode, and I think if you take some notes, you’ll be able to implement some of these ideas right away. It was very accessible, and it speaks to Sam’s ability and understanding of these concepts. I really enjoyed this, and I know you will, too.
Please sit back, relax, and enjoy my episode with Sam Lau.
- How Sam got into peer-to-peer learning and the lessons he learned along the way. (00:03:05-00:04:37)
- Why adopting peer-to-peer learning may be challenging and what to do about it. (00:04:38-00:12:46)
- Successes and stories are effective means of conveying knowledge. (00:12:47-00:17:34)
- How to make learning easy to capture. (00:18:14-00:20:06)
- Sam’s strategy for sharing useful information to peers. (00:20:07-00:25:08)
- Completing the circle of learning. (00:25:09-00:29:00)
- “Teach-backs” and how the concept greatly benefits Sam’s team. (00:29:01-00:34:18)
- What is learning culture? (00:34:19-00:36:07)
- What is Sam reading and learning about right now? (00:36:08-00:39:36)
- Sam’s final message to our listeners. (00:39:37-00:41:08)
- Where you can find him on social media. (00:41:09-00:42:10)
Selected Links from the Episode
👉 Continue the conversation with me on Twitter and LinkedIn.
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~