Paul Slack joins the Learning Culture Podcast this week for an episode on how to succeed in B2B marketing in 2023.
Paul is the CEO of Vende Digital, a digital marketing and demand generation company that works with B2B companies.
For months Paul and I have passed our thoughts and ideas back and forth here on LinkedIn. I finally got him on the podcast to share his clear and fresh view on marketing.
Here’s a quick glimpse. There is a correct mindset to adopt when creating content for and interacting with buyers:
- The buyer has access to perfect information
- They are able to learn what they need on their own
- They can make rational decisions
Part 1 (today’s episode) is all about exploring a counterintuitive mindset for establishing a strong relationship between marketing and sales.
Part 2 (tune in next week) will be all about breaking down the barriers between marketing and sales.
Tune in today to learn about:
- Moving buyers from problem-unaware all the way to solution-aware
- Leveraging our content-on-demand society to grow our businesses
- The significance of learning culture in the digital marketing space
- Optimizing for sales conversations to begin at the right moment
- Buyer enablement and educating buyers to solve problems
- The role of outbound in serving buyer needs
- LinkedIn ads as a distribution tool
Make sure your pen is full of ink — I furiously took notes during this chat. I’m sure you’ll find lots of practical takeaways, too.
With that, enjoy this Learning Culture Podcast episode with Paul Slack!
- [00:03:56] What does learning culture mean to Paul?
- [00:06:25] Honing your craft at Vende Digital.
- [00:09:03] Tracking learning via management systems and champions.
- [00:11:36] Education is marketing for B2B businesses.
- [00:16:37] Buyer enablement: anticipate needs, optimize for sales.
- [00:21:00] Learning in a Netflix world: meeting customers’ needs on-demand.
- [00:26:51] The role of outbound and sales reps as information concierges.
- [00:33:06] Paid: Google Ads (only) bad, LinkedIn Ads good.
- [00:37:07] Preparing for part 2 of Paul’s episode.