Welcome back to the Learning Culture Podcast! This week’s Learning Nugget comes from a conversation with Scott Jeffrey Miller.
Scott is an entrepreneur and a Senior Advisor of Thought Leadership for Franklin Covey, a world leader in consulting and training.
His recent years have been dedicated to defining what it means to be recognized as a Thought Leader (hint: it takes more than just declaring yourself one).
He’s also a best-selling author and the host of the Franklin Covey-sponsored podcast called On Leadership with Scott Miller – a place from which Scott has been able to mine the wisdom of renowned business titans, authors, and thought leaders.
Master Mentors is Scott’s book detailing 30 of those conversations, a key insight for each of them, and prompts to apply them in your own pursuit of mastery.
This conversation is an exploration of how Scott refined all the different transformational insights he has heard in his years interviewing these incredible personalities.
Tune in to learn about:
- How to earn the title of Thought Leader
- Why you should focus on your Smallest Viable Market
- The importance of tough questions
- Distilling transformational insights and sharing them
I guarantee there is something in this episode for you. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this Learning Nugget episode with Scott Jeffrey Miller.
- [02:57 – 04:57] What Senior Advisor of Thought Leadership means.
- [04:58 – 08:32] Target your Smallest Viable Market.
- [08:33 – 09:56] Scott’s love of clarity and asking tough questions.
- [09:57 – 12:10] Podcasting lessons with Scott.
- [12:11 – 14:27] Transformational insights in Scott’s book.
- [14:28 – 18:40] Aggregating and pollinating others’ genius.
- [18:40 – 18:00] Find out more about Scott.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Master Mentors by Scott Jeffrey Miller
- Blaine Lee
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel Pink
👉 Continue the conversation with me on LinkedIn.