Joining me this week is Ajay Pangarkar.
Ajay is an award-winning Performance and Cost Strategist as well as an author of three books focused on combining his expertises: Finance and Accounting, as well as training in the workplace. Their most recent book, The Trainer’s Balanced Scorecard is a jumping-off point for much of our conversation about measuring training ROI.
Ajay is a Professor at the Sprott School of Business and has authored and published multiple courses on LinkedIn Learning as well as elearningindustry.com on these very topics, so it was a real privilege to pick his brain about some of them.
In this conversation, you’ll learn:
- Why stakeholders don’t care about learning – they care about doing.
- What businesses actually measure and why “ROI on training” doesn’t make sense to them.
- How Ajay’s experience working with Apple’s customer support team in 2005 furthered his understanding of shared vision and continuous learning.
- How targeted learning interventions in real time are the keys to unlocking the return on your efforts as an enabler of people in your organization.
I know you’ll get a lot of value out of this conversation; I definitely did.
So please sit back and enjoy my conversation with Ajay Pangarkar.
- Should people measure the ROI of training? (00:03:21-00:06:26)
- Why training is not seen as an investment. (00:06:27-00:11:45)
- What the business actually measures and why ROI on training doesn’t make sense to them. (00:11:46-00:19:00)
- Ajay’s thoughts on technology and e-learning. (00:19:01-00:20:38)
- The correlation of training initiatives, learning programs, and outcomes. Practical examples of shared vision, vulnerability, continuous learning as Ajay explores his experience when he worked with Apple. (00:20:39-00:36:27)
- How targeted learning interventions in real time are the keys to unlocking the return on your efforts as an enabler of people in your organizations. (00:37:05-00:43:36)
- Ajay shares his thoughts on how people should measure. (00:43:37-00:47:50)
- What’s coming up for Ajay and where you can learn more about what he does. (00:47:51-00:50:06)
Selected Links from the Episode
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~