Joining me this week is Nadine Kelly.
Nadine is the founder of NPK Health Integration, a new business and a new evolution of her fascinating journey which most recently fell under the brand, Yogi MD.
She grew up on the south side of Chicago and graduated from the University of Chicago having studied Medicine. She became a Pathologist, working in the study of disease for many years, until a quite terrifying experience made her realize that that path was not meant for her. With influence from her daughter, she got into Taekwondo and also went down the path of learning about yoga. She applied the same rigor and work ethic that enabled her to become a medical doctor to eventually become a black belt in Taekwondo and a yoga instructor.
She now takes this incredible wealth of experience and teaches mature women how to integrate health into their lives. Although her focus is on mature women, a lot of Nadine’s experience from being a doctor, to being a yoga instructor, to the martial arts tenets that she shares from taekwondo – has resonance and relevance to anyone, regardless of gender or age. That’s one of the beauties of having this podcast and talking to so many interesting guests, no matter how specific and focused they are on their niche, there are a lot of lessons to be learned from each of them.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The fascinating concept of multidimensional health. Typically, when we think about health, we think about nutrition and exercise. But Nadine has expanded that to take an analytical approach that looks at the whole mind, body and spirits of her clients – and includes things like decluttering, curiosity, social health, emotional intelligence, mental health, and of course, spiritual health.
- How she realized that she was drawing a box around herself, and how she grappled with feelings of insecurity and that inner voice which says, “Who are you to have the audacity to be bigger?”
I think all of us have those feelings at some point, I know I’m going through that right now.
However, when faced with the reckoning of what kind of impact you can have on the world – taking the path of new worlds and bigger things often leads to the most enjoyable outcome.
Please enjoy my conversation with Dr. Nadine Kelly.
- Establishing family values, culture, and beliefs – Nadine shares her early childhood experiences and the lessons she learned growing up in her environment. (00:04:04-00:08:39)
- The answers rest within. Nadine discusses self-reflection as a habit she’s developed that produces constant valuable insight. (00:08:40-00:11:05)
- We talk about what drew her to take the medical path and the lessons she learned from practicing in the medical field. (00:11:06-00:14:39)
- What lies beyond the point of no return? Nadine shares the turning point in her life which led to her decision to leave medicine for good. (00:14:40-00:23:46)
- Finding a new path. We discuss her journey after medicine, which led her to become a black belt in Taekwondo and a Yoga instructor. (00:23:46-00:26:19)
- How Nadine achieved success by applying the same rigor and work ethic in medicine to Taekwondo and Yoga. (00:26:20-00:28:31)
- Believe in yourself, and the path will believe in you. We talk about her journey to Yoga and how she became an instructor. (00:28:32-00:33:00)
- How feedback became her source of inspiration. (00:33:01-00:37:48)
- Completing the puzzle: how she pieced together different experiences, choices, and values to get to where she is now. (00:37:49-00:39:07)
- What is multidimensional health? (00:39:08-00:50:13)
- Nadine gives out a message of encouragement and support to her audience. (00:51:06-00:52:18)
👉Continue the conversation with me: https://twitter.com/Bazzaruto
💌Get my 2-week email course on creating your own online course: