Joining me today is Karthik Puvvada, better known as KP.
KP is a no-code builder, community leader, writer, podcast host, angel investor, and growth advisor for startups. In the last five years, he’s built an audience of 20,000 people on the internet while shipping more than 10 no-code projects. He’s gained accidental popularity as the “Build In Public” expert. He has published thousands of tweets on the topic to help founders and creators leverage this framework and build an audience on the internet.
His Build In Public podcast is an interview show where KP chats with ambitious founders and creators about the challenges and nuances of building in public. In addition to the podcast, he has two great newsletters:
- The Build In Public newsletter – featuring prolific creators who are taking an audience-first approach to building products.
- Keep Up With KP – his personal handpicked collection of the best building in public knowledge out there.
Our conversation moves from philosophy all the way to practical application, in an incredibly rich exploration around this concept of building in public. There isn’t anybody out there that I’ve met who understands and can talk about these ideas so eloquently.
- How he used the idea of building in public to land his dream job.
- What his favorite side projects were in getting that exposure.
- How to play the infinite game.
- How to play the iteration game
- And what it means to get on the path of learning.
KP packages his years of experience into useful lessons for those getting started and those exploring this world of building in public. This episode delivers on what you expect and gives you so much more.
So please sit back and enjoy my episode with KP.
- KP’s website
- Build In Public podcast
- Build In Public newsletter
- Keep Up With KP newsletter
- We talk about KP’s favorite side project and how it became successful. He also briefly tells us about the community he built, called Cuppa. (00:02:34-00:06:43)
- KP’s journey in pursuit of success. We chat about what got him started, inspired him to keep going, and pushed him to do better every time. (00:06:44-00:11:49)
- KP’s approach and methodology across his career: How to enjoy the process and achieve success as a bonus. (00:11:50-00:14:50)
- Living in the moment, creating value, and impacting people’s lives. (00:14:51-00:17:29)
- KP talks about his learning process, sharing what he did to acquire his knowledge and skill, as well as the lessons learned along the way. (00:17:37-00:23:47)
- Committing to the path of learning and gaining knowledge and lessons from other people. (00:23:48-00:26:27)
- KP discusses his purpose, sharing why he joined a startup instead of founding one himself, and the valuable lessons he learned from that path. (00:26:28-00:33:47)
- The perks of working remotely. How KP balances working at OnDeck, building his own projects, thriving as a Twitter creator, and being a father. (00:33:48-00:39:51)
- The highest leverage things that KP has done and that you can take inspiration from. (00:40:07-00:43:26)
- Co-creating with the audience. The value of building in public and growing a community. (00:43:27-00:47:56)
- We talk about what KP is most excited about, his future plans and projects, and building a bigger community. (00:47:57-00:51:35)
- What’s next for KP? Where you can find him and how to get in touch with him. (00:51:36-00:53:28)
Selected Links from the Episode
👉 Continue the conversation with me: https://twitter.com/Bazzaruto
💌 Get my 2-week email course on creating your own online course: http://coursecreator.studio/email