Joining me this week is Petek Hawkins.
This is a special episode because Petek and I are using it to make a very exciting announcement about Curious Lion. I’ll cut this intro very short and let you dive right into the conversation.
As a quick summary of what you will learn in this episode, we talk about:
- How important foundations are for enabling salespeople, but that you equally need the freedom to be able to execute from there.
- How important it is to have strong leadership development and management training programs.
- Why a C-level champion is critical for any sales enablement professional, and how your goal shouldn’t be to give people the answers but to equip them to make the right decisions for themselves in the moment.
- The importance of building resilience.
- The ideas of motion, cadence, and repetition as the hallmark of a successful sales enablement program.
Our conversation starts by looking at Petek’s journey and the lessons she’s learned. And then we get right into our exciting announcement, what it means for us, and what it could mean for you.
So please sit back, relax, and enjoy this episode with Petek Hawkins.
- How and why Petek got into the sales enablement space, and lessons learned along the way. (00:02:42-00:05:53)
- How critical foundations are for enabling salespeople, and how equally important it is to have the freedom to execute. (00:05:54-00:11:05)
- Why a C-level champion is essential for any sales enablement professional. (00:11:06-00:17:43)
- Empowering people to make the best decisions for themselves rather than offering solutions. (00:17:44-00:20:24)
- How Petek scales programs at companies. (00:20:25-00:25:09)
- Approaching direct correlation to business results. (00:25:10-00:28:10)
- Cadence and flow. (00:28:11-00:30:09)
- Our exciting announcement and what it could mean for you. (00:30:50-00:38:20)
- Ideas for companies to think about as their starting point. (00:38:21-00:41:31)
- Why Curious Lion? (00:41:32-00:44:58)
- The continuous active learning system and why it appeals to her. (00:44:59-00:48:49)
- The significance of fostering resilience. (00:48:50-00:50:25)
- Why does Petek do what she does? (00:50:26-00:51:54)
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~