Joining me this week is Andy Storch.
Andy is an author, consultant, coach, speaker, and facilitator – best known for helping clients turn strategy into action and getting people to do the best work of their lives. You might know Andy as the host of the podcast, The Talent Development Hotseat where I was lucky enough to also be a guest. He’s also the host of the podcast Own Your Career.
Andy and I explore careers. Drawing on the wisdom that he has collected throughout his experience in life and business, he wrote the incredible book, Own Your Career Own Your Life. Our conversation focusses on what you can do to get the most fulfillment and enjoyment out of your career.
The conversation follows in these incredibly helpful five step frameworks:
- Where to start – gaining clarity on your vision and purpose.
- Goals – how to set clear goals and how a goal without an action plan is just a wish.
- How to take control, with three areas: 1.) building your personal brand, 2.) investing in continuous learning, and 3.) building a network.
- What kind of mindset is required to take agency or ownership over your own career and life.
- What it means to pivot and how to approach that moment when it arrives.
Andy shared some incredibly valuable tips to build a network and cement a personal brand. So if you’re looking to get ownership of your career, definitely give this a listen and see what you can apply right away.
Please sit back and enjoy my conversation with Andy Storch.
- Andy’s website
- Own Your Career Own Your Life website
- The Own Your Career Show
- The Talent Development Hot Seat
- Learning through reading: Andy shares his recent book recommendations. (00:03:47-00:06:30)
- Andy briefly tells us what his book is all about, Own Your Career Own Your Life. (00:06:31-00:09:04)
- Andy immensely explores the five step framework in owning your career by taking full responsibility for everything happening in your career and life. (00:09:05-00:24:18)
- Where to start: Gaining clarity on your vision and your purpose. (00:24:57-00:30:55)
- How to set clear goals and how a goal without an action plan is just a wish. (00:30:56-00:32:50)
- Tips and insights on building your network. (00:32:51-00:38:48)
- Building your personal brand. (00:38:49-00:44:19)
- Investing in continuous learning. (00:44:20-00:45:12)
- What kind of mindset is required to take agency or ownership over your own career and life. (00:45:13-00:50:34)
- What it means to pivot and how to approach that moment when it arrives. (00:50:35-00:54:54)
- Andy’s message to our listeners and where you can find him on social media. (00:54:55-00:57:24)
Selected Links from the Episode
- Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
- The Long Game by Dorie Clark
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~