Joining me this week is Maya Huber, the CEO of Skillset.
Skillset is a job simulation and AI analysis platform that is seeking to solve the problem of skills-based hiring. In this episode, we unpack exactly what that problem is – anyone responsible for recruiting or anyone that has applied for a job will know what problem we’re talking about. The problem of applicant tracking systems that have degree-based filters that have the unintended consequence of rolling out potentially strong candidates from the recruiting pool.
With skills-based hiring, you focus on setting tasks and projects or simulations for candidates to perform to show what they can do, as Maya so beautifully put it in our conversation. And what you end up getting is a focus not on people’s backgrounds, or what they did do, but on what they can do.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Hidden workers and what that could mean to your workforce.
- How to write better job descriptions to attract the right candidates.
- How to shift from negative to affirmative filters in recruiting candidates.
- What metrics you should really be tracking in talent acquisition.
- How to adopt a customer centric mindset when designing your selection and onboarding experiences.
No matter what part of the talent process you focus on, the ideas and principles that Maya brings out in this conversation are applicable to the entire employee life cycle. So there is definitely something in here for everybody.
So please sit back and enjoy my episode with Maya Huber.
- What is skills-based hiring and its impact on the employee lifecycle. (00:04:06-00:05:58)
- Maya shares to us the most common and recent challenges in the recruiting space. (00:05:59-00:10:57)
- Hidden workers and what that could mean to your workforce. (00:11:00-00:18:04)
- Maya explores on how Skillset works as a platform that focuses on skills-based hiring.(00:18:05-00:28:05)
- How to write better job descriptions to attract the right candidates. (00:28:06-00:30:32)
- How to shift from negative to affirmative filters in recruiting candidates. (00:30:33-00:34:01)
- What metrics should you be tracking in talent acquisition? (00:34:02-00:36:25)
- How to adopt a customer centric mindset when designing your selection and onboarding experiences. (00:36:26-00:40:52)
- What does the future hold for the talent and recruitment space? (00:40:53-00:43:30)
- Maya’s message to our listeners. (00:43:39-00:45:22)
Selected Links from the Episode
~ This episode is brought to you by The Learning Culture Experience~