Come join the team!
Head Learning Designer
- Experience designing and/or delivering corporate training.
- Experience working in a professional client service role.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Confidence to lead meetings with multiple attendees, including from clients and vendors.
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Slack.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to work closely with the founder of a growing company and contribute to that growth.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- High standards for organization and design.
- Honesty and integrity, always treating others with respect.
- Responsibilities for this role include:
- Instructional design of courses (in collaboration with our CEO, Andrew Barry, and the client).
- Occasional scriptwriting and facilitator guide creation.
- Co-ordinating vendors to create the course, reviewing deliverables and providing feedback.
- e.g. animators, video editors, scriptwriters, eLearning developers.
- Be available M-F, for scheduled client and vendor calls (generally 8-10 hours per week of pre-scheduled time) between the hours of 9am and 3pm ET.
- Respond to emails from clients and vendors during regular business hours (ET).
- Reviewing and creating deliverables on your own schedule.
- Be accountable for the quality of each milestone and the overall project by reviewing and providing feedback on deliverables.
- Provide a high level of professional service to clients, including incorporating their feedback and working with vendors to translate client needs to ensure they are met.
- This role is for an independent contractor looking to make regular contributions to the company.
- Guaranteed minimum salary to be negotiated for a roughly 20 hour work week.
- Incentive-based compensation negotiated as follows:
- x% of the net-profit on all learning projects
- Additional y% of the net-profit on all learning projects won by the efforts and/or network of the person in this role.
- Net-profit includes all cash received, less out-of-pocket costs paid to vendors, transaction costs paid to remit funds, and the salary for this role.
- Incentive comp renegotiated after every 2 quarterly performance reviews (semi-annually).
- Fully remote.
- Flexible work hours (as outlined in the schedule under Expectations).
- Non-exclusive (i.e. free to work on other projects ).
- 30-day termination notice period.
All applicants will be subject to an interview process and reference check.
Interested applicants may send their resume, and a cover letter that includes why they are a fit for this role, and a brief description of their favorite learning design principle (and why) to email@example.com